Private Game Reserve and luxury Big 5, safari lodge, under a two hour scenic drive via the N1 from Cape Town, is named after the rare and endangered Black Eagle that thrives in the area. Proclaimed a Private Nature Reserve in 1985, this 4 star, malaria free, 4, 500 hectare reserve is steeped in Khoi San and Boer War history and boasts 3 pristine biomes of vegetation set in the most magnificent Karoo mountains, valleys, rivers and kloofs.
One Day Safari from R2132 per person
These are offered with or without transport to the reserve - self drive guests are informed to depart Cape Town approximately the same time as the tour provided with transport, for these are the set times for game drives and meals served daily.
- Departs Cape Town at 06h00: Pick-up from hotel or guesthouse and transfe.
- 08h00: Welcome drink on arrival served in the reception area.
- Between 08h00 and 09h00: Full course buffet breakfast served in the restaurant
- 09.00am: Depart on a 2 to 3 hour safari (in 4X4 safari vehicle with ranger guide) - Visit San Rock Art site.
- 12h30: Buffet lunch served in the African boma restaurant
- After lunch guests are able to relax at the pool and are welcome to browse our African curio shop.
- Approximately at 16h30: Return to Cape Town.
Please note these times are all approximate.
Welcome drink, breakfast, 2-3hr game drive & lunch.
PRICE FROM: R 3288 (Std cottages)
PRICE FROM: R 4385 (Premier Cottages)
50% single supplement surcharge
Welcome drink, dinner, bed, breakfast, and lunch. 2 game drives. (bushman paintings) Also includes all local malts and house wine. Game drive may be replaced by horse safari.
Self drive guests to check in at 14h00 and check out 10h00.
- Departs Cape Town at 06h00: Pick-up from hotel or guesthouse and transfer to Reserve.
- 08h00: A welcome cocktail will await your arrival
- Between 08h00 and 09h00: Full course complimentary buffet breakfast served in the restaurant.
- 12h30: Complimentary lunch will be served
- 14h00: Check in at Reserve.
- 17h00: Depart for a two to three-hour game drive with one of our experienced rangers. Visit our world-renowned Khoi San Bushman rock art sites.
- 19h00:Return to the lodge and restaurant for an authentic African dinner or traditional South African braai (barbeque) in our lapa (weather permitting),
- 06h00: Early morning game drive, coffee and rusks served en route.
- 08h00-09h00: Breakfast is served
- 10h00: Check out of accommodation at Reserve.
- For guests using the Reserve transport you will depart at 16h30